ARMED FORCES VIETNAM BROADCASTERS
1962 AFVN – KLIK 1973
MAY 1 – 4 2008 afvndayton2008.blogspot.com
1962 AFVN – KLIK 1973
Please check back often as we will update this site as additional information becomes available.
· Beer, bourbon, other beverages and time to tell war stories
· A behind the scenes tour of the Wright – Patterson Air Force Base Museum
· A Friday night party at the O club
· Dinner – Dance, Saturday, May 3
· Meet with the base PAO folks, an opportunity to see how they operate
Memorial Service on Sunday, Rev. Mike Kumm
· Golf and indoor swimming at base facilities (the course at Wright – Pat is a real bear!)
· Wright Brothers’ home at Hawthorne Hill
· Shopping shuttle to the Dayton Mall
Wright Patterson Air Base
· Rate is $70 per night for queen or double twin room
· Hospitality room
Reservations: 937-879-2696 Fax: 937-878-8731
When making reservations be sure and tell them you are with the AFVN group.
If you have handicap issues, please advise the hotel at the time you make your
· Only available to military retirees.
· Suites (VOQ) available on base for military retirees only. To the best
of our knowledge they will not take reservations until 1 day prior to arrival unless you are
an O6 or above.
· Arrangements are being made with base security to pre-register cars, This will apply to
rental cars. You will need proof of insurance, a valid drivers license, and either a rental
agreement or the car’s registration document.
You may access the below by cutting and pasting these into your browser
IMAX Theater (POC: 253.4629) -There is a charge for viewing IMAX features
- see website for cost (approx. $6 per show)
A behind the scenes tour including the aircraft restoration areas (They’re currently rebuilding the Memphis Bell B-17 and an Air Force One (no cost)
WRIGHT BROTHERS RESIDENCE
Hawthorn Hill is the residence of the Wright Brothers during the years after their successful flights. It
contains many of the original furnishings of the period.
More information on Hawthorne Hill may be found at:
WRIGHT BROTHERS MEMORIAL & HUFFMAN PRAIRIE FLYING FIELD AND INTERPRETIVE CENTER (National Park Service) No admission charge
The Interpretive Center has displays on aeronautics, especially the Wright brothers' inventive activities. It also has two 18 minute films available on request, one about the Wright brothers progression toward the invention of the airplane and a second detailing the contribution of Wright-Patteson AFB research from the Wright brothers forward to modern aerospace flight.
Wright Flyer flight simulator available to visitors
The web Site - http://www.nps.gov/daay/home.htm
Questions, comments, suggestions or other information please contact:
Who’s coming to: AFVNDAYTON2008
name: Rev. Mike & Janet Kumm (CMSgt Ret.)
year(s) in country: ’72-‘73
location: AFVN Saignon (news/dj)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Rev. Michael L. Kumm
Pastor, Trinity Ev.
name: Steve Sevits and Joyce Sevits
branch US Army
year(s) in country: 1963